We support our local community
Macon County Fraternal Order of Police #144 Charity Golf Scramble
Investing in your community is a great way to give back to those who have helped support your business. Volunteer groups and non-profit organizations do so much to help the communities that all of us are a part of, but they can't do it alone.
Many people really enjoy the intangible benefit of giving. Giving back to the community gives you a pleasant feeling of connectedness and the satisfaction of at least trying to make the world a better place.
There are many other ways for your business to support the community, such as:
- Enter a float in the annual parade, or decorate a vehicle at Christmas (one of the concrete companies in my locale creates a beautiful light display on one of their cement trucks and drives it around town in the evenings)
- Support a kids sports team
- Donate the use of a delivery vehicle for a local function
- Offer your business services at a local event (for example, one of the local computer shops organizes the wifi services at the annual town festival)
- Donate to the food bank
- Have coin donation boxes and/or sell tickets for a charity event at your business
- Donate a portion of your sales to a charity on a particular day or for a time period
- Give a charitable or community group a meeting or workspace on your business premises for free (a local pub, for instance, provides a large conference/meeting room for an animal charity's trivia night fundraiser each year)