A bad roof can lead to extreme damage to your home.
How to tell if your roof is leaking....
Here are a 17 things to look for »
- Water stains or damp spots on your ceiling
- Moist drywall or paint around light fixtures or electrical outlets
- Damp spots around interior air vents or fireplaces
- Interior paint bubbling or peeling during hard rains
- Dripping sounds inside your home
- Water stains on rafters or on roof sheathing inside your attic
- A musty house smell (especially in your attic)
- Curling or buckling shingles on your roof
- Loose shingles laying in your yard
- Loose or exposed nails on your roof
- Cracked or damaged flashing around roof vents
- Loose flashing or cracked sealants around your chimney
- Roof rot with discolored or excessively degraded shingles
- Peeling paint or rotten areas under roof eaves
- Clogged or loose gutters & downspouts
- Debris piles in roof valleys or above chimney
- Shingle granules in your gutters
Regular maintence to your roof can save you the heartache from a water damage.