Standing Water is a dangerous thing.
When floodwater intrudes into your home or commercial business it can cause what is called "standing water". This can be a dangerous thing if not respected. Many times, standing water must be dealt with that can sometimes take up to 10 or 11 days to completely disappear unless it is able to be mitigated immediately. There are some precautionary measures to take into consideration when dealing with standing water. SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth took some time to compile the ones we felt were the most important.
Standing Water are not natural swimming pools
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the standing water leftovers
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick
- Don’t drink the water
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock
Standing Water vs. Animals:
- Snakes and other animals may get into your building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up
- Some animals might find your office a cozy place to live
- If tap water is unsafe to drink, it is unsafe for your pets
If you find yourself dealing with standing water of any kind, SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here to help make it "Like it never even happened."